Friday 25 November 2011

WINTER MEMORABILIA REVIEW


This was the last Memorabilia at the NEC as we know it. There are plans for big changes ahead to this show. So here's my look back at last weekend.

The first thing I noticed on the way in was the giant Predator looking as though he was a little lost. As if he wasn't sure why he was there.
'Should I be ripping the spines from people or patting them on the head?'.
I imagined he was pondering.

There was a good mix of people at this event. A different crowd to the MCM Comic Cons and more family orientated than the Cosplay Crew. Though if the organisers have their way this will be changing very soon.
I had the chance to draw a variety of different subjects over the weekend. From the usual Marvel/DC & Transformers, to family portraits, Warhammer and even Robocop. A small sampling of which are scattered amongst this posting.


Now if only I could find that Robocop.


As per usually my sketching duties were required from early on and carried me through most of Saturday before I could get a breather. Although there was less of crowd, there was enough to keep me busy throughout the day. When it became quieter I had the pleasure to chat to Paul H Birch who was manning the stall next to mine.

Once I got though my sketches on the Sunday I had the opportunity to take a walk around the show for what was the first time in ages. There was a lot to take in and see, a bit too much to with the limited time I had available.

A good show all in all with a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Here's little Isaac with his Warhammer sketch.

No comments: